The purpose of the hearing is to invite interested parties to participate in the decision-making process by submitting relevant testimony to the Planning Commission before a decision is made, or before a formal recommendation to City Council.
Public Hearing Format
- The public hearing is opened by the Planning Commission President.
- City staff will provide a summary of the staff report and their recommendation. A copy of the staff report is available for viewing one week in advance of the hearing in the City of Tigard Permit Center and on the website.
- The Planning Commission President will invite public testimony.
- The Planning Commission President will close the Public Hearing. No further testimony will be accepted.
- The Planning Commission will deliberate and vote on the proposal. The president will allow for Planning Commission member discussion only.
Please Note: The Planning Commission is the decision-making body for zone changes and planned developments only. For all others, the commission makes a recommendation to City Council—who makes the final decision. Please contact the Planning Department at 503-718-2421 if you have any questions.
- If you are unable to attend the public hearing, you may submit your comments in writing to the Planning Commission. Written comments may be submitted to Doreen Laughlin, Planning Commission Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or Doreen Laughlin, City of Tigard, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, OR 97223. You may also submit your comments to the assigned planner whose name and contact information is included with each posted notice.
- Submitting your comments in writing to the Planning Commission in advance of the public hearing allows staff and the commission more time to formulate a response to your concerns.
- When called to speak, please clearly state your name, address and make your statement.
- Please be prepared to limit your testimony to three minutes.
- Please do not repeat testimony offered by yourself or earlier witnesses. If you agree with the statement of an earlier witness, please just state that and add any additional points of your own.
- If you have any exhibits for the Planning Commission to consider, such as a copy of your testimony, photographs, petitions, or other documents or physical evidence, at the close of your comments please notify the Planning Commission Secretary.