City of TigardHome Menu
I want to...
Operating under a council-manager form of government, the mayor and city council are the policy makers elected to represent the community. The city manager is appointed by council to carry out policy and ensure that the entire community is being served.
Our elected officials, city manager and employees are driven by our vision of becoming an equitable community that is walkable, healthy, and accessible for everyone.
We are also led by the 2023-25 City Council's four goals that address opportunities and challenges on the horizon as well as advance the City towards its vision.
Along with the City Council goals, the Council developed the Community Promise or the 'Five E's which will guide us in achieving our vision and implementing goals.
- EQUITY: WE will ensure just and fair inclusion where all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.
- ENVIRONMENT: WE will embrace sustainability to improve our natural resources and the livability of our community.
- ECONOMY: WE will be responsible stewards of the community’s financial resources entrusted to us.
- ENGAGEMENT: WE will involve all voices in our community while building trusting relationships.
- EXCELLENCE: WE will set high standards and strive to exceed community expectations.